We are so happy to have you as a member of the TLC Family! With your child receiving therapy and your active participation, this is where your child will grow and blossom!
TLC recognizes that the most important people in supporting a child’s development are the parents and caregivers. We prioritize facilitating parent/caregiver participation in the therapy process. A strong chain of communication between caregiver and clinician will ensure you feel comfortable with the therapy process and confident in supporting your child. The combination of TLC clinical expertise and parent participation will allow your child to flourish.
Some ways to maximize your participation include:
- Do your best to be on time so that your child doesn’t miss any of his therapy appointments and let us know if you are running late by contacting us!
- Participate in your child’s therapy session – talk to your child’s clinician about when is the best time to observe and actively participate in therapy
- Share with your child’s clinician how you learn best – through pictures, through demonstration, through written documents – so we know how best to support you as the child’s primary caregiver
- Communicate with your child’s medical team about therapy plans, goals and progress. Know that TLC clinicians are available to consult with your child’s healthcare providers and educators, upon your request.
- Familiarize yourself with the TLC 360 theme, this month’s focus for therapy, and carry the theme from the clinic into your home and community
- Between sessions, document observations about your child’s development and questions you want to ask in your journal to share with the TLC team. Don’t forget to bring your journal!
- Take photos or videos of your child’s behavior at home and in the community to share with TLC clinicians
- When not in your child’s session, take a moment for your own self-care – read a book, stay hydrated or enjoy a moment to meditate in our waiting room – we just ask that you please do not leave the waiting room while your child is receiving treatment
- Share your child’s goals, therapy plans and progress with other caregivers in his life – other family members, teachers, and other community members – they will be happy to know how to best support your child!
- Check out the TLC Facebook page to connect with other family members of our TLC community
- Stay updated with the TLC newsletter
- Explore recommended resources that will support your child’s development
- And perhaps most importantly, celebrate the wins – no matter how small they may seem!
If you have any questions, suggestions, feedback or need help with anything, feel free to email us at email@example.com
Your Partner | Learning about your child’s development and accessing services can seem overwhelming and isolating. TLC is your partner in optimizing your child’s developmental and communication health.
The clinicians are amazing and very welcoming. My daughter and I had the pleasure of working with Elizabeth. She would always give us assignments to try at home. As parents we need to remember that our child’s success comes from our involvement both in the therapy setting as well as the home setting. Ask for help! They will give you the tools you need to help your child succeed. Thank you all for your help ❤️
– Garcia Family